Preventing BullyingThe following exercise helps us analyze our environment so that we can maintain our commitment to learning about bullying and helping reduce its impact.
Look around your community, at school, in your neighbourhood, in your child’s after school or extracurricular programming. What do you see?
Here are five questions to help you analyze your environment.
- Do you see gender, ethnic, religious and cultural and other forms of diversity reflected around you?
- If yes, what kind? Please name them.
- According to you, based on what is depicted in your community, and particularly at school, do you think all children and teens would feel "seen and heard?”
- Do the images promote cooperation and collaboration?
- Are there images of children and teens thinking, helping each other, solving problems and being courageous?