Responding to BullyingThe following exercise will help you gain insight so that you can keep your commitment to learn about bullying and help reduce the impact.
Step 1: Invite your child to talk to you about what they need to get support from adults around bullying prevention.
Step 2: Ask your child the following questions:
- What could prevent you from going to an adult for help?
- What would help you approach an adult to speak to them about a personal issue such as being bullied or be witnessing bullying?
- What might an adult person say or do that would prevent you from talking to them about a bullying problem at school?
- What are the most useful and important words that an adult can use in these situations?
- What words are best avoided?